- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The 3 Cs of SME Management
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
Instructional Systems Designer, Integrated Learning Solutions
Black Kat Creative
Working with different subject matter experts (SMEs)—each with their own working style, personality, and expertise—can be a challenge. And that challenge can be amplified further when you need to work with multiple SMEs at the same time. How do you, as an instructional designer, know how to get the content you need from your SMEs to create effective and engaging learning experiences?
In this session, you’ll uncover approaches that can make working with SMEs go smoothly, and you’ll learn the three Cs of SME management: Communicate, collaborate, and create. You’ll discuss strategies for how to find the best ways to communicate with your SMEs, facilitate collaboration to make sure every SME’s voice is heard, and involve your SMEs in creating learning experiences that achieve their objectives.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to establish clear communication pathways for SMEs to share their expertise
- How to encourage collaborative environments for SMEs to exchange knowledge
- How to involve SMEs in the creative process throughout the development of learning experiences
- How to develop and maintain strong working relationships with and among SMEs
Designers and managers
Technology discussed in this session:
Skype, Doodle, and Google Drive
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company