- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
xAPI: An Introduction for Instructional Designers
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
As adoption of xAPI begins to take hold, it allows for more robust and interesting tracking of the learning process. As actual performance and results data are integrated with learning metrics, L&D professionals will have the data they need to tailor the learning process to individual needs at the same time that they can draw more useful conclusions about the learning as a whole across a wider population.
After a brief introduction to xAPI and what’s new about it from the instructional design side, this session will explore three key areas that impact instructional design. You’ll examine learning data needs, data sources, and meaningful visualizations that answer organizational and L&D questions. You’ll then look at making choices about infrastructure: how and when to work with your LMS, your LRS, or both. Finally, you’ll examine models for taking advantage of xAPI across a variety of learning vectors: formal and informal, social and private, formative and summative, predictable and variable.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to describe the impact that xAPI can have on your organization’s learning and performance strategies
- How to identify data needs and likely sources within the organization
- How to identify new challenges in your work as an instructional designer
- How to choose one or more first projects that leverage xAPI’s capabilities beyond what’s available in SCORM today
Designers, developers, and managers
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company