- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Fuzzy 508: Clarifying Compliancy Requirements for eLearning Projects
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
Instructional Media Manager
Sr. Instructional Designer/Accessibility Expert
There is a lot of subjectivity when it comes to interpreting 508 compliance for eLearning. Although the law, originally amended to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, was enacted in 1998, the interpretation and implementation varies widely across organizations. This can cause much confusion and distress among developers and project managers as they zigzag across what can be an accessibility landmine hoping to come out whole on the other side.
Many eLearning professionals take for granted that their version of 508 compliancy is universal. However, it is not. The applicable provisions and how they are implemented in your training may be up for interpretation, resulting in a need to retrofit aspects of your training and have your budget bursting at the seams.
In this session you will explore how you can mitigate possible project disaster by asking the right questions, identifying key stakeholders, and ensuring your team is educated before disaster strikes. We will identify proven, real-world strategies to keep your eLearning project compliant and on track.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify key questions that will align you and your clients’ interpretations of compliancy to avoid confusion
- How to address 508 compliancy issues that may conflict with instructional standards or technical limitations
- How to explore compliancy considerations for different types of training mediums, such as traditional eLearning outputs, video, podcasts, and mobile apps.
Designers, developers, managers
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Technical Trainer, Senior - Finance Services
West Palm Beach, FL
- eLearning Instructional Design Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Request for Proposal: E-Learning Content Development
- Subject Matter Expert - Content Developer
- Instructional Designer / Writer
Long Beach, CA