- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Science of Attention and Engagement
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
A number of myths persist about people’s allegedly ever-shortening attention spans—but what does the science say? Neuroscience, behavioral economics, and consumer psychology all offer insights into how we manage and allocate attention. Additionally, our ability to manage attention and focus seems to be related to our abilities to allocate willpower and influence how we make decisions.
In this session, you will learn what the current science says about how attention, willpower, and decision-making interact and how that influences the design of eLearning environments. Having a deeper understanding of this topic will help you create more effective and engaging learning solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How cognitive load memory functions influence attention
- How we allocate and manage attention
- How to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction
- How to use the principles of willpower, attention, and decision-making to create better eLearning
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA
- Freelance ID/Technical Document Writer
Jersey City, New Jersey, US