- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Leveraging Simulations in Blended Leadership Programs
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
Experiential learning provides rising leaders in your organization the critical practice in real world environments they need to be successful. As organizations shift to a blended approach to learning, simulations can bridge the gap between virtual and classroom experiences. It is crucial that the integration of simulation-based learning takes into account the objections of the program and leverages the unique environment that this kind of practice provides.
This session will provide a toolkit to integrate simulations into an existing program, or start from scratch designing a program around a simulation offering. The next generation of leaders do not respond to lectures and lessons delivered via slides. Your organization must adapt to meet learners in an environment that prepares them for the challenges they will face. During this session we will dive into the way simulations can provide those critical lessons across the following disciplines: financial acumen, management effectiveness, cross-function collaboration, and executive presence.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to integrate simulations into leadership programs to serve as the kickoff or capstone experience for new managers and rising leaders in your organization
- What three Fortune 500 companies did to augment the experiential learning component to ensure retention of the key components of their learner objectives
- How peer-based-learning provides participants with the framework to learn from colleagues, but also grow their internal networks as they rise in the organization
- Why a competitive element is a key component of a simulation-based approach that succeeds in the physical and virtual classroom
Designers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
Technology discussed in this session:
Immersive + team-based + competitive leadership simulations, delivered in the classroom and virtually, via Zoom Videoconference.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Lead Learning and Instructional Design Specialist
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT