- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
You Have 1 Month and No Money to Create an Online Training Program. Go!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 28, 2019
Versant Learning Solutions
A neurology medical affairs team at a large pharmaceutical company was facing the perfect storm. A low-priority product with an anticipated launch in over two years had become one of the global company’s most important assets overnight, with a new launch timeline of months. Training was in the process of being converted from self-led to automated. A single trainer was tasked with developing a comprehensive curriculum in a new area (typically 15 to 20 hours) to deploy via LMS. The existing team required training and completion of a new certification process. The team also underwent expansion during this time, which required that the new hires completed onboarding and therapeutic training simultaneously. Management wanted the team to begin the training on the product in three weeks!
In this case study session, you’ll find out how to make the most of limited resources by repurposing existing content, employing blended learning formats, and collaborating with learners and stakeholders to create buy-in and engagement. You will learn about the creative and unorthodox strategies used to create a large amount of content in a short period of time. The instructional design techniques presented in this session are intended to be helpful in a time crunch but can also improve the overall quality of the training. You will explore how a team of veterans and new hires completed a comprehensive training program and successfully obtained certification for field deployment.
In this session, you will learn:
- Video and audio editing techniques in Camtasia to make videos more interactive and engaging
- Tips to increase learner engagement during virtual learning experiences
- Project management strategies to handle accelerated timelines
- How to collaborate with learners and stakeholders to build consensus
- Time management and multitasking strategies to accelerate content development time
Designers, developers, and managers
Technology discussed in this session:
TechSmith Camtasia, Snagit, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, and Articulate Quiz Maker
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Lead Learning and Instructional Design Specialist
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT