- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Struggling with Productivity? Up Your Game with Employee-Generated Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
Technical teams often work with a mix of novice and expert professionals with varying skills and knowledge. The experts work on challenging projects and become incredible sources of practical knowledge. However, this knowledge is trapped in their minds and creates knowledge silos, since the novices who are still struggling do not have easy access to that knowledge. How often can novices bother experts to share or coach them on some of the challenging aspects of the work? How often can experts do justice to knowledge-sharing when they are time-constrained with other priorities? How can L&D bring all of them onto the same page of productivity and performance without tedious courses or training programs?
This session explores an employee-generated learning (EGL) model and discusses how L&D can collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to create and maintain a knowledge pool of everyday working practices or repetitive behaviors. This approach is quicker than the conventional training methods and will allow them to self-serve their performance needs faster, supporting their productivity seamlessly.
In this session, you will learn:
- About research findings (interviews and surveys) that indicate why employees share, and should share, knowledge
- Dos and don’ts of employee-generated learning
- How Nielsen, Unilever, and Electrolux have implemented the EGL model
- How L&D managers can change the mindset of key stakeholders, drive adoption, and improve employee engagement
Managers and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company