- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile Learning—YouTube Style
mLearnCon 2013 - June 20, 2013
Many organizations want to provide small chunks of on-demand, just-in-time performance support that require minimal technical skills to create. Likewise, capturing and sharing tacit knowledge is becoming a top priority. Is it possible to create a solution that will both engage the learner and that can be measured and evaluated?
Session participants will learn how to create quick, effective mobile learning through YouTube-style videos. Using real examples of successful videos as discussion points, you will walk through a simple workflow of developing a short tutorial using different levels of rapid-development tools. You will also discuss publishing formats and using comments to engage the learner and capture feedback. You’ll leave with workflows to develop various types of video tutorials and make them available to learners within your organization. The steps and examples demonstrated will provide practical ideas for implementing video as part of a mobile learning strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create YouTube-style tutorials with rapid development tools
- Practical ways to implement video as part of a mobile-learning strategy
- Tricks to engaging your learner with video
- Reliable and easy ways to make video accessible on mobile devices
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers. A basic understanding of video recording and editing is helpful, but not required.
discussed in this session:
Camtasia, Snagit, Captivate, YouTube, smartphones, tablets, and .mp4 video.
Camtasia and/or Captivate 6 is suggested but not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Technical Trainer, Senior - Finance Services
West Palm Beach, FL
- eLearning Instructional Design Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Request for Proposal: E-Learning Content Development
- Subject Matter Expert - Content Developer
- Instructional Designer / Writer
Long Beach, CA