Special thanks to everyone who participated in FocusOn Learning 2017. You helped make this the best year yet!
Enjoy a Guided Conference Experience
FocusOn Learning offers a resource for those interested in a guided conference experience: Docents.
A docent is a knowledgeable guide, especially one who conducts visitors through a museum and delivers commentary on the exhibitions. We’ll be adapting the docent concept for FocusOn Learning as a way of enhancing the conference experience for first-time attendees or any attendees who want some additional guidance on getting the most out of their conference experience.
Choosing to participate in any or all of the docent activities scheduled at FocusOn Learning affords you a guided experience like no other. Our docents, professionals who are not only experts in the field of learning technologies but also experienced in navigating industry conferences, provide a custom-built tour of the key events and activities of the conference.
Those who participate in the docent program can join in as few or as many of the guided activities as they like and are free to jump from path to path as desired. Here are a few highlights of what you can expect from the docent program:
- A welcome and introduction to the Docent Program at the New Attendee Orientation
- A dedicated Morning Buzz session each morning, where the Docents and attendees can talk about the day’s events and share reflections on daily learning
- The Docent Morning Buzz sessions will also provide you with tips on how to get the most out of your conference experience and even individual advice on what sessions to check out
- Group attendance at the general sessions
- Hosted lunch tables with industry experts
- Specifically selected concurrent sessions and opportunities to meet speakers afterwards
This is a great opportunity for anyone planning to attend FocusOn Learning to add a little (or a lot) of guidance that is specifically built to enhance your conference experience.