- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Instructions on How to Submit a Speaking Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to present at The eLearning Guild’s 2017 Realities360 Conference. Please read the information below before you complete the submission form. If you are not contacted by the end of February, your session will be placed on the standby list and will be considered as a substitute session.
Click the button below to submit your speaking proposal now.
FAQs About Speaking at Realities360
- What are the event dates?
- When are speaking proposals due?
- Where is the event located?
- What is Realities360 about?
- What is the target audience for this event?
- What types of sessions are offered at this event?
- What is the program focus of the event?
- What is BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop®)?
- Who is eligible to present at Realities360?
- Is there compensation for speakers?
- From a technical standpoint, what is required of me as a speaker?
- If selected as a speaker, what information and materials will I be required to submit?
- How do I submit a proposal?
- Who should I contact if I need help?
What are the event dates?
The conference will be held Wednesday, July 26, through Friday, July 28, 2017.
Back to Top
When are speaking proposals due?
Proposals are due by Friday, January 20, 2017.
Back to Top
Where is the event located?
The Fairmont San Jose in San Jose, California, USA.
Back to Top
What is Realities360 all about?
Realities360 is a brand-new eLearning Guild conference dedicated to examining the potential and practices of virtual, augmented, and mixed realities for learning and performance. Are you experimenting or working with these new technologies? Your efforts in this emerging field are important and worth sharing with your peers, and Realities360 is the premier opportunity to showcase your work.
Back to Top
What is the target audience for this event?
The target audience for Realities360 includes executives, managers, and practitioners in corporate, government, and academic settings who are actively using or experimenting with augmented, virtual, and/or mixed reality technologies, as well as those who are considering doing so in the future.
Realities360 provides learning opportunities for all professionals directly involved in the development of eLearning, regardless of:
- Job title
- The task they perform on the development team
- Whether they work in a corporate, government, or academic setting
- The content or type of learning they are designing, developing, and/or managing
- The scope of responsibilities—whether as a specialist or a generalist
- The extent of responsibilities—whether as an individual contributor, departmental manager, divisional director, or corporate executive
What types and durations of sessions are offered at this event?
- Sessions will be held Wednesday, July 26, through Friday, July 28.
- Sessions may be offered as BYOL sessions (Bring Your Own Laptop®). For more details on the BYOL format, click here.
Selected speakers will be assigned a slot by the Guild staff. If you have any scheduling conflicts, please note that on your submission form.
What is the program focus of the event?
Sessions at this event will explore the usage of virtual, augmented, and/or mixed realities in the context of learning and performance. We are interested in all proposals exploring the design, development, and/or implementation of learning programs that take advantage of these technologies.
Your session is more likely to be selected if your content is focused, in-depth, and practical. We are also very interested in sessions that show how these cutting-edge ideas and technologies can be used in creative ways to enhance learning experiences.Back to Top
What is BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop®)?
- BYOL stands for Bring Your Own Laptop®. Participants of BYOL sessions are expected to bring their laptops with the software being discussed already installed.
- These sessions are hands-on and give participants an opportunity to actually work along with the presenter.
- BYOL sessions may be either full-day workshops or 60-minute concurrent sessions.
Who is eligible to present at Realities360?
- As a community-based organization, we welcome any and all proposals.
- Vendors of eLearning products and services will be considered; however, NO marketing or self-promotion is allowed. Sessions must be educational and informational in content. While not required, proposals that feature a case study with a client are strongly preferred.
- If you are interested in exhibiting at this event and want to find out about promotional opportunities, contact email@example.com.
Is there compensation for speakers?
- One free full-conference registration is provided per session. This free registration is given to the main presenter listed on the submission form. This registration cannot be shared or split.*
- The first co-presenter (if applicable) will be able to register for the conference at a substantially discounted rate (no other discounts apply). This discount cannot be shared or split. Co-presenters must pay the discounted rate by a specified due date in order to present.* For any additional co-presenters, normal conference registration fees and discounts will apply.
- All presenters must be listed when you submit your proposal. Additional presenters cannot be added to your session without approval of Guild staff.
- Presenters who are selected to conduct more than one session are given one free registration in total.
- Full-day workshop presenters may have their travel and hotel costs covered. They may also receive a fee based on workshop attendance.
*Your registration provides access to all conference sessions. Both free and discounted registrations, as outlined above, include conference materials, access to the conference backchannel, lunches, receptions, and networking activities. Presenters must pay for participation in any additional optional activities, such as co-located events, pre-conference workshops, and/or post-conference events.
From a technical standpoint, what is required of me as a speaker?
- Speakers must provide their own Wi-Fi–enabled computer (if Wi-Fi is needed for their presentation) and any software required to run their presentation.
- Standard AV provided includes computer projector, screen, speakers for the computer, and wireless access. Other AV equipment requested will be approved case-by-case.
If selected as a speaker, what information and materials will I be required to submit?
- A session description for publication on the web and in the mobile app and print materials. (The Guild staff will edit the information you provide according to the Guild’s style and length requirements. You will be required to review for accuracy.)
- A photo for use on the event website and other event materials. Photos must be formatted to be a minimum of 300 DPI, 5”x7”, and in TIFF, JPG, or PNG formats.
- An AV form that lists any technical requirements for your session(s).
- Session materials that will be posted for event participants before, during, and after the event. (Concurrent sessions only; workshop materials will not be posted on the resource site.)
How do I submit a proposal?
- Use the online CFP form and complete all areas of the form. Completing a submission takes approximately 10 minutes.
- You may submit more than one proposal. You must submit a separate form for each session proposed.
- If you need to exit the form without submitting, be sure to use the “save and continue later” function found at the top of the proposal form.
Who should I contact if I need help?
If you have any questions about the form, these instructions, or the event, or if you are unsure about whether or not your topic is appropriate for this event, please contact our programming team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)