Design for Outcomes with xAPI
Monday, October 23
This is your opportunity to learn hands-on and get started designing learning experiences for outcomes with xAPI. Here’s an outline of what you can expect:
8:30a — 9:00a
9:00a – 10:00a
We’ll make sure everyone is grounded in the fundamentals of working with xAPI, such as the anatomy of a statement, how to create statements, and more.
10:00a – 10:15a
10:15a – 12:00a
Learn by Doing
You’ll break into small groups to focus on setting up your first xAPI project. Starting with only a flip chart and Post-it notes, you’ll develop a plan and learn from how other groups made their decisions.
12:00a – 1:00p
1:15p – 2:30p
Introduction to Analytics
There are a few best practices that everyone should follow when doing analytics work, and fortunately there are many creative approaches to following those practices. We’ll discuss the principles and take a look at how different tools and projects approach analytics.
2:30p – 2:45p
2:45p – 4:00p
Case Studies from the Ground Up
We’ll look in detail at common and exceptional case studies of the kinds of xAPI projects you’re likely to tackle in your organization.
4:00p – 4:30p
Design for Outcomes with xAPI is part of an expanded xAPI Camp, the must-attend pre-conference experience. Design for Outcomes with xAPI is the first of TWO full days available to accelerate your work with this transformative technology and to showcase what’s possible with xAPI. On Tuesday, October 24, we’ll be hosting xAPI Camp itself.
On both days, you’ll be connected to answers you can act on and an incredible community of practitioners that will help you make an impact.
NOTE: Each day of xAPI Camp stands on its own, so you can participate in either day’s activities or register for both days.
Why Should You Attend Design for Outcomes with xAPI and/or xAPI Camp?
- Case Studies That Inspire and Make Sense
- You’ll leave with answers to “How can the xAPI help me?”
- You’ll explore curated examples of real-world applications of the xAPI.
- You’ll learn about what organizations build and buy and the lessons being learned about working with the xAPI.
- Ideas That Tackle Your Toughest Challenges
- The tough challenges shared will inspire your own entrepreneurial thinking.
- Speakers, facilitators, and peers will help with your professional challenges.
- Solutions You Can Play With
- You’ll work in small groups to get answers and start smart.
- You’ll go back to the office recognizing approaches and solutions that can make an impact.
- If you choose, you’ll get your hands on projects and tools, and you’ll discuss the problems being solved and what it takes to make a change.