DevLearn 2019 T-Shirt Challenge Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. SUBMITTING A DESIGN CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CONTEST RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT CONTENT IF YOU ARE UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This contest is open only to those who post their entry through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtags #Design4DevLearn and #DevLearn, or by email to email@example.com, and who are 18 or older as of the date of entry. Employees of The eLearning Guild, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. Entrants must be an individual and not a company or organization. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The eLearning Guild as final and binding as they relate to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 8/5/2019 at 12:00 AM PT and ending 8/23/2019 at 12:00 PM PT. All online entries must be received by 8/23/2019 at 12:00 PM PT.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by posting the design on either Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram via a personal account with the hashtags #Design4DevLearn and #DevLearn included, or by emailing design@eLearningGuild.com with the subject line #Design4DevLearn. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The eLearning Guild. You may enter up to three designs. You must use the hashtags if entering via social media. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The eLearning Guild.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the contest (the “Winner”) will receive the T-shirt featuring Your design, and a swag bag with all the DevLearn swag. You and Your work will be announced on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, featured on the DevLearn 2018 website, recognized in the first general sessions at DevLearn 2018, and highlighted at the event swag shop. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The eLearning Guild. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at The eLearning Guild’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The eLearning Guild to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of The eLearning Guild. Winner will be notified by social media or email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The eLearning Guild shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings, or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to accept within seven (7) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, an alternate Winner will be selected. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE ELEARNING GUILD’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that The eLearning Guild shall have the permission, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. In addition, The eLearning Guild reserves the right to modify Your winning design to better fit the needs of the Guild for use on any related marketing and promotional materials. Each entrant further understands that if Your design is selected the winner, The eLearning Guild does not claim ownership of the design submitted for consideration. All designs are the property of the respective entrant, and You retain the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to said designs. Any aspects of the design that include logos and taglines copyrighted by The eLearning Guild are not permitted for reuse with Your design at any point during or after the contest for resale or distribution.
By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The eLearning Guild. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The eLearning Guild from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs, or expense that The eLearning Guild may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s rights.
- Terms and Conditions: The eLearning Guild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The eLearning Guild’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, The eLearning Guild may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The eLearning Guild. The eLearning Guild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or who violates these Terms & Conditions. The eLearning Guild has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The eLearning Guild reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The eLearning Guild and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is The eLearning Guild: 120 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa, California, 95401, United States.
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): The contest hosted by The eLearning Guild is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.