211 Creating Effective Leadership Development Programs and Measuring Impact
1:15 PM - 2:15 PM Wednesday, October 24
Development programs are often measured though goals and end-of-year reviews, leaving little or no opportunity for coaching or on-the-job training to develop leadership competencies. Opportunities exist to coach and develop leadership competencies daily, but the gap is unidentifiable without any assessment or observation.
In this session, you will learn to use surveys and interviews to find direct linkage from leadership competencies to on-the-job tasks and actions as a means for creating precise learning objectives to develop in-role and pre-role leadership. These objectives are then used to create an observation app for mobile devices and a quick reference on-the-job training tool to provide development plans and tracking of progress. The tracking app links back to a larger program level evaluation to show the impact of the entire program.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to structure a complete 360 formative evaluation
- The technique of creating direct measurable linkage from development to competencies
- How to partner with team members to assess and evaluate impact and effectiveness
- How to utilize a mobile app using SharePoint and PowerApps for observations
- How to devise a method for on-the-job opportunities linked to leadership competencies
- How to evaluate individual performers and developmental programs simultaneously through a single analytic device
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Microsoft SharePoint, PowerApps, Power BI, and the iPhone.
Senior Instructional Designer
Southern California Edison
James Rossillo is a senior instructional designer with Southern California Edison. He has been creating multimedia content for over 20 years and has over 15 years of experience with instructional design. Previously, James has worked with Homeland Security and the Department of Defense as a contractor.