SELT203 Microlearning Gamification Without the Games
12:15 PM - 1:00 PM Thursday, October 24
Expo Hall: eLearning Tools Stage
Gamification and microlearning are two of the biggest buzzwords in eLearning today. How do you effectively use them together to ensure that you’re delivering a learner-centric experience that’s not just bells and whistles, but an engaging and effective experience that learners find valuable?
In this session we’ll examine gamification from the learner’s perspective to discover what they really want, which may be quite different from conventional thinking. Skip past buzzwords, and focus on practical implementations of gamified microlearning. We’ll examine practical gamification scenarios for front-line training, soft skills training, and compliance training.
Gamification and Agile microlearning go hand-in-hand. We’ll explore how to use them both to skyrocket engagement.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why microlearning gamification is better without the games
- How to use gamification elements within an Agile microlearning context
- Which intrinsic and extrinsic motivation factors you can and should leverage
- When to use gamification elements such as leaderboards, points, and badges, and when to avoid them
- Which strategies for gamified microlearning succeed in different industries
- How to effectively measure gamification impact
OttoLearn Agile Microlearning, PowerBI
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
Neovation Learning Solutions
Dan Belhassen is the president and founder of Neovation Learning Solutions. He is a microlearning evangelist, obsessed with using technology to improve teaching and learning. He delivers engaging sessions for international associations and conferences.