SMNX202 Personal Data Protection Compliance in Assessment
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Thursday, October 24
Expo Hall: Management Xchange Stage
Personal data protection has become a concern for people around the globe, with countries everywhere creating their own privacy laws and standards to protect citizens and their data. With new laws in place such as GDPR in Europe, CCPA in California, and LGPD in Brazil, institutions that serve global populations need strategies for compliance with the privacy standards in every country where their customers reside.
Compliance with personal data collection laws is important to any institution that collects the data of their clients. This session will address different tactics used in the assessment industry that can be used to avoid issues with compliance. You will explore different tactics used to collect personal data that can be applied to different industries.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition of personal data
- Global standards and laws related to personal data protection
- Different tactics used in the assessment industry which can be used to avoid issues with compliance when collecting personal data
- Different tactics that can be applied to different industries regarding the collection of personal data
- How to evaluate your company's need for collecting personal data
- How to remain compliant with personal data collection standards
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
Director of Sales
Ian Bartczak, director of sales at Proctorio, is a passionate sales, business development, and technology professional that supports organizations by increasing revenue, market expansion, and overall business operations. Ian’s focus is on making quality education more accessible to students everywhere, while still upholding academic integrity. Before Proctorio, Ian spent nine years as a business development manager for multiple nonprofit organizations. During his time at the Scottsdale Cultural Council, Ian helped create a young professionals board to bring awareness to the community for contemporary and performing arts. After a successful career fundraising for the arts and sciences, Ian took his expertise to the EdTech industry, assisting the growth of local startups.