STRS102 Just-in-time Learning: The Key to Tools Adoption for Bluewater Learning
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Wednesday, October 23
Expo Hall: Strategic Solutions Stage
Bluewater has helped over 1,000 clients including ADP, United Airlines, and Frito Lays maximize their investments in HCM’s and LMS’s. As experts in the learning and training industry, their team has experimented with just about every digital training solution on the market. Yet, when they were looking for help keeping up with their own internal applications training on tools and processes, most fell short. Digital walkthrough solutions were bulky, labor intensive, and difficult to manage. LMS tools were great for storing tons of content, but terrible at surfacing that content at the point of engagement, within a user’s workflow.
With systems and processes changing on a daily basis, they needed something dynamic and flexible. They needed a way to surface answers instantly, directly within a users’ workflow, across applications. They needed just-in-time learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- What is just-in-time learning
- What separates just-in-time learning platforms from other solutions
- About the evolution of learning and enablement in the workplace, and the different ways Bryan and the Bluewater team tried to address the enablement challenge of frequently updating software and changing processes
- The benefits of just-in-time learning for applications training
- How to use microlearning to address frequent changes in technology and process, and to crowdsource knowledge
- How Bryan’s team implemented microlearning to deliver contextual knowledge at the point of engagement
- How any company can easily incorporate just-in-time learning into their existing training methodologies
Salesforce and Spekit
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
Melanie Fellay is the CEO and co-founder of Spekit, a contextual learning platform for CRM and SaaS adoption. Spurred by her own frustration with slow new hire ramp up time, low adoption of technologies, and constantly outdated documentation, she partnered with an experienced product manager and set out to solve it. Melanie’s background includes owning Salesforce and sales tech stacks, leading the implementation and onboarding of new technologies, and managing application training across teams in high-growth environments.
Vice President, Ultimate Software Practice
As the vice president of Ultimate Software Practice at Bluewater Learning, Bryan Miller ensures that Bluewater has the right tools and data to remain agile and scalable enough to respond to rapidly changing market conditions. He works with leadership to establish and report on KPIs relevant to individual business needs. Bryan has 20 years of project management, systems design, and operations management experience and is a certified Project Management Professional. He has a passion for strategic operations and servant leadership and leverages his experience in multi-million dollar portfolio management to support and enable the members of the Bluewater family.