P15 BYOL: Adaptive Storyboarding: Professional Tools for Every Project Type
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Tuesday, October 24
Designers today face common eLearning design challenges, whether it’s fully capturing a creative idea, remembering where they left off in the design of a project, effectively communicating and gaining approval for their ideas from internal stakeholders or clients, or finding out after a project is built that no one liked the approach. Proactive adaptive storyboarding can solve all of these challenges.
This workshop will cover several different types of storyboarding approaches, including smart outlines, blueprints, wireframes, and serious storyboards. You will receive templates, examples, and exercises to help you master each format. By the end of the day, you will clearly understand the benefits and use cases for each tool and be able to apply them appropriately to projects of various complexity and size. Come see the tools that professionals use to create award-winning products for Fortune 500 companies, and start using them for yourself!
In this session, you will learn:
- How to determine the storyboarding needs for various project sizes
- How to use a smart outline to define course direction and parameters
- How to craft a course blueprint that outlines instructional approaches and makes the rest of design easy-breezy
- How to wireframe a course design to communicate basic thoughts before development
- How to use professional-quality serious storyboarding tools for large projects and freelance work
- About the development considerations that need to be made while storyboarding to ensure a well-thought-out product, and how to include them in your documentation
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Laptop running Word and PowerPoint.
Program & Instructional Design Manager
Misty Harding, a program and instructional design manager for eLearning Brothers, has been a workplace learning and performance professional for nearly 20 years, specializing in instructional design, eLearning, facilitation, and training management. She has built and led instructional design, eLearning, and corporate training teams for companies like eBay and Qualfon and has designed award-winning products and managed learning product relationships for many Fortune 500 companies.