611 MacGyver Storyline with APIs
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Thursday, October 25
St. Croix A
Articulate Storyline can be used to create simple and functional interfaces and user applications when you mix in the power of APIs. You can use this tool in unexpected ways to create solutions most wouldn’t expect you could make with a rapid eLearning development tool. It’s easier than you might imagine to learn how Storyline can talk to API-enabled systems.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Articulate Storyline can talk with other systems through the power of APIs
- How to catch data from an external system, load it to a variable, and display it in your course
- About the basic schema of JSON and how to parse it
- Why Storyline can’t be put in a box
- Why APIs are really powerful tools
- About the utility of global variables
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Director, Learning & Performance Development
Benjamin Duffy is a director of learning and performance development at Unum. With more than 25 years of experience in creating digital learning experiences and reference opportunities that span the use of floppy disk to virtual reality, Ben has led training initiatives and teams that supported Unum, Fairchild Semiconductor, the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the US Department of Defense, MCI WorldCom, and FutureHealth. Ben led the Maine ATD eLearning Playgroup from 2007 to 2010, and he has previously presented for The eLearning Guild and at KMWorld.