Mark your calendars now for Learning Solutions 2018. Join us March 27 – 29, 2018 at The Rosen Centre in Orlando, FL! Learn more.
xAPI Camp at Learning Solutions
xAPI Camp, the must-attend one-day pre-conference experience, returns to Learning Solutions to showcase what’s possible with Experience API (xAPI) and to accelerate your work with this transformative technology. It will be a day filled with case studies, problem solving, and networking. You’ll be connected to answers you can act on and an incredible community of practitioners that will help you make an impact.
8:30a — 9:00a
9:00a – 9:30a
How to Talk xAPI
We’ll make sure everyone is current on the buzzwords and lingo likely to be heard and used when talking about the xAPI and the projects that use the xAPI.
9:30a – 10:00a
Each xAPI Camp has a particular focus. For DevLearn, we’ll both examine the practices that are defining the new normal in learning organizations and peek into the projects that push our profession and industry forward. This talk will put those two frames into one focus.
10:00a – 10:15a
10:15a – 11:00a
Leading practitioners and industry experts will share bite-sized overviews and insights into the big ideas, big challenges, lessons learned, and case studies that exemplify the best in how people work with the xAPI today. Each talk is 7 – 12 minutes.
11:00a – 12:00p
During the morning’s talks, facilitators and moderators will collect questions from you and other participants to guide where conversations and working sessions need to focus. Groups will include xAPI experts to participate in or guide discussion.
12:00p – 1:00p
1:15p – 2:15p
As in the morning session, more leading practitioners and industry experts will share bite-sized overviews and insights into the big ideas, big challenges, lessons learned, and case studies that exemplify the best in how people work with the xAPI today. Each talk is 7 – 12 minutes.
2:15p – 2:30p
What do we do with the rest of today? Which track is the most helpful for you?
2:30p – 2:45p
2:45p – 4:00p
Track 1: xAPI 101
You’ve had a full day so far of seeing what’s possible with the xAPI. Do you need a firm grasp of the basics? This track starts at square one.
Track 2: Design Jam
Do you have an idea that you’d like to map out with experts in the room? Something to take back to the office that will get people talking about the big challenges you need to tackle? You ideate. We’ll facilitate.
Track 3: Shop Talk
Do you want a deep dive on a particular topic or question? Do you want to play with a demo of something you heard about today? Do you need to do some real planning on next steps? This track is for you.
4:00p – 4:15p
The focus at xAPI Camp is on action. We’ll share what we each learned and find support for each of our next actions following the event today.
4:15p – 4:30p
Any final questions, thoughts, plans, and/or shameless plugs are shared, and then we bid adieu.
Why Should You Attend?
- Case studies that inspire and make sense
- You’ll leave with answers to “How can the xAPI help me?”
- You’ll explore curated examples of real-world applications of the xAPI.
- You’ll learn about what organizations build and buy and the lessons being learned about working with the xAPI.
- Ideas that tackle your toughest challenges
- The tough challenges shared will inspire your own entrepreneurial thinking.
- Speakers, facilitators, and peers will help with your professional challenges.
- Solutions you can play with
- You’ll work in small groups to get answers and start smart.
- You’ll go back to the office recognizing approaches and solutions that can make an impact.
- If you choose, you’ll get your hands on projects and tools, and you’ll discuss the problems being solved and what it takes to make a change.