806 Using Mobile Devices for Continuous Learning
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Wednesday, March 28
Continuous learning is a widely accepted goal, but how do you make this work? How do you keep learners coming back, and how do you structure content over time to keep learners engaged?
Starting from the assertion that active eLearning is the key to effective continuous learning, this session will describe how a blend of mobile notifications, spaced learning, and periodic engagement builders can combine with gamification and other tactics to ensure employees remain engaged and learning continuously.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the importance of “interruption” in continuous learning
- Practical ideas for how to schedule mobile engagement
- About the importance of salience to ongoing learning
- About new approaches to context relevance that only mobile can provide
- About months-long engagement cycles and how to “goose” engagement
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with eLearning experience.
Aquinas Learning, Inc.
Hugh Seaton is the CEO of Aquinas Learning, Inc. He has a vision for learning: an always on, always with you AI learning coach that connects LMS, third party content, and conversational coaching together into a seamless experience. Virtual and augmented reality will be key to this, as are different flavors of artificial intelligence. After a global career in technology marketing, Hugh has spent six years pursuing this vision of the AI learning coach, with Aquinas Learning the result.