806 Using Mobile Devices for Continuous Learning
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Wednesday, March 28
Continuous learning is a widely accepted goal, but how do you make this work? How do you keep learners coming back, and how do you structure content over time to keep learners engaged?
Starting from the assertion that active eLearning is the key to effective continuous learning, this session will describe how a blend of mobile notifications, spaced learning, and periodic engagement builders can combine with gamification and other tactics to ensure employees remain engaged and learning continuously.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the importance of “interruption” in continuous learning
- Practical ideas for how to schedule mobile engagement
- About the importance of salience to ongoing learning
- About new approaches to context relevance that only mobile can provide
- About months-long engagement cycles and how to “goose” engagement
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with eLearning experience.
Hugh Seaton is the CEO of Aquinas Training, a training software company. Previously, he was an adjunct professor of marketing and advertising at Sacred Heart University and NYU. The first 18 years of his career were spent in strategy at ad agencies like BBDO, FCB, and Havas, and in marketing departments for Sony and AOL. Hugh is passionate about learning and believes the intersection of technology, learning science, and psychology can lead to better learning outcomes.