912 Tools, Apps, and Online Resources: Community Favorites—PART 1
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Thursday, March 29
This is part one of a two-part session. It will continue with session 1002 from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM.
With the wide range of tools, apps, and online resources being launched all the time, it’s not always easy to stay on top of what might help you out in your day-to-day work. It’s also easy with this stream of new options to miss out on great new updates or techniques that can allow you to use old favorites in new ways.
Through a series of three-minute mini presentations, you’ll hear from a wide range of speakers about the tools, apps, and online resources they find make a noticeable different in the work they do in L&D. You’ll discover new resources and software and new ways to use them that can assist you with designing and developing learning experiences, from tools that will help you create content to others that can help your productivity. These speakers won’t just share what these tools are, they’ll also share how they can be used specifically in our industry, and how they’ve personally leveraged them in their own work. You’ll leave this session with a list of practical new ideas for tools and resources to check out when you get back to work.
In this session, you will learn:
- What new tools and apps can help you create engaging learning experiences
- About existing tools and apps you may be able to use in new ways
- Which online resources can help you do your work more efficiently, creatively, and/or inexpensively
- Real-world use cases for how these tools, apps, and online resources can be used in L&D
Audience: Novice to advanced designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
A wide range of technology related to creating learning experiences and managing work in L&D will be shared. Technology categories may include eLearning development, design, multimedia/video, productivity/project management, collaboration, and more.
Mini Presentation topics and speakers for Session 912
- Comic Life: Dan’elle Watkins
- Poll Everywhere: Sarah Lewandowski
- Techsmith Camtasia: Renee Durrance
- Ishikawa Diagram: Cory Loria
- Online-convert.com: Kelley Miller
- Creating an Avatar in Articulate Storyline 360: Justin McDougall
- HP Reveal: JD Gonzales
- Google Cardboard Camera App: Shereene Harford Twum-Barimah
- Microsoft Sway: Bill Fisher
- Using xAPI Dashboard to Display Results of Retention Boosters: Phillip Littleton
- Pixeur: Laura Lowden
- Screencast-O-Matic: Barb Lesniak
Sr. Manager of Programming
The eLearning Guild
Bianca Woods is a senior manager of programming for The eLearning Guild. With degrees in both art education and education media design and technology, she focuses on creating practical learning experiences that take advantage of the clarity and immersiveness that technology and good design can offer. Bianca has years of experience in education, including designing in-class courses, eBooks, eLearning, videos, and other media for BMO Financial Group; creating interprofessional collaboration content for Training Pirates; and working as a classroom teacher.