SMM201 Gamification and Microlearning: Measuring Real-Time Results to Adapt Learning, Automatically
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Wednesday, March 28
In this session, you will learn why gamification is an almost perfect vehicle to deliver microlearning.
Join in to find out what types of microlearning are applicable to gamified delivery, and what it takes to create them; how they can be “fed” or “pushed” to learners; what deep gamification is; and how “engagement automation” and “guided adaptation” apply. You will then explore what happens when learning and performance data is available in real time, and how this can turn learning from personalized (i.e., determined by needs before learning begins) to adaptive (determined in real time).
In this session, you will learn:
- What modern gamification is, and how it differs from “points, badges, and leaderboards”
- Which microlearning strategies apply to gamification
- About use cases that work well for gamified microlearning engagement
- Why engagement automation is important for creating mass engagement at scale
- About the difference between personalized and adaptive learning
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Gamification, performance data, and microlearning.
Roni Floman is a vice president of marketing and product evangelist for GamEffective. She has been involved with GamEffective since 2013. Prior to that, she was a consultant for numerous technology start-ups and led business development at telecom and enterprise software companies. Roni holds an LLB degree, magna cum laude, from Tel Aviv University and an MBA from INSEAD. She is also a published author.