512 Extending Your Reach: Taking Your Training Content Beyond Your LMS
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM Wednesday, March 27
Training departments often are asked to serve more than just internal employees when it comes to product training efforts—from channel partner training to customer education. Creating, sharing, and maintaining valuable and accurate product training is critical, but managing this can quickly become more time-consuming and labor-intensive than you realize when you’re working with multiple LMSs and people that use other training systems. Sharing training across learning platforms can get complicated quickly. Is your content compatible with each LMS? Can the systems communicate? Is there a single source of truth for reporting?
Whether managing multiple LMSs supporting internal and external learners or across internal platforms, you’ll need a strategy for handling the various system behaviors and learner experiences you’ll encounter. This session will discuss the technical considerations for distributing training across multiple systems, including learner access, content delivery, course version control, and reporting. From this session, you will gain insight into implementing an extended enterprise content delivery plan to effectively expand the reach of your training content and measure results. Plus, you’ll find out how to navigate the various technical hurdles you’ll encounter along the way.
In this session, you will learn:
- What an extended enterprise model supports, and the potential value it can bring to your organization
- What questions to raise internally for defining potential audiences and defining the desired experience for non-employees
- About available options and tools that support an extended enterprise, cross-platform content distribution model
- About technical considerations and solutions to support a distributed content training model
- How to support content version control across platforms
- How to centrally manage training content across platforms
Managers and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
Director of Accounts & Marketing
Tammy Rutherford is a director of accounts and marketing at Rustici Software. She has spent over 10 years in the eLearning space. Since joining Rustici Software in 2011, Tammy has advised hundreds of eLearning vendors, training companies, and organizations on strategies and software solutions for implementing and taking advantage of the eLearning standards.