SDD205 Creating Amazing Learning Experiences: Let’s Get Inspired!
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM Wednesday, March 27
Expo Hall: Design & Development Stage
We often get stuck using the same patterns of delivery without thinking about if it is helping our audience, or if it’s the best fit for a challenge. Designing great user experiences for your learners is critical to the success of how they engage; utilize content, tools, and apps; and focus on the task at hand. This session will break down what's essential in designing great experiences, and provide resources to get you started and inspired. We'll discuss design strategies; what works and what doesn’t, how to plan and prototype, and demonstrate several examples for inspiration. You'll get 10+ resources for taking your experiences to the next level, and getting you and your organization to the next level.
In this session, you will learn:
- 6 ways to improve your next project
- Apps and tools that you have (Paper, PowerPoint, PDF, and Marvel App) that can accelerate your process and improve results with the right workflow
- About the versatility of DropBox Paper, which is free
- How to share, get inspired, and motivate your organization to grow
- How to evaluate what you see, hear, and feel, and how to apply what resonates with your audience
- A new series of resources and tools to implement on your next project
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders
Learning Architect & CEO
Sealworks Interactive Studios
Nick Floro, a co-founder and learning architect at Sealworks Interactive Studios, has over 25 years of experience developing learning solutions, applications, and web platforms. Nick is passionate about how design and technology can enhance learning and loves to share his knowledge and experience to teach, inspire and motivate. As a learning architect, Nick gets to sketch, imagine, and prototype for each challenge. He has worked with start-ups to Fortune 500 companies to help them understand the technology and develop innovative solutions to support their audiences. Nick has won numerous awards from Apple and organizations for productions and services, and has been able to reach over a million users with his latest project, which helps students in grades 2-12 learn how to think and write an essay critically.