STP103 Using Video in Training: What to Look For and Why
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Tuesday, March 26
Expo Hall: Tools & Platform Stage
Video is a unique beast. It's more engaging than a training manual, but sharing it on your LMS (or worse, on YouTube) can create problems. It helps you scale your training worldwide, but every new recording is a pain to produce. And it would be ideal for just-in-time learning, if only it could be effectively searched.
Dave Dumler, head of Panopto evangelism, will demonstrate how using video for training can be remarkably easy and straightforward. He'll discuss the essential items you should expect from a video platform, including inside video search and live casting. He’ll also demonstrate how Panopto's video learning platform dramatically simplifies video management; showing how easy it can be to create, edit, and share a training video.
In this session, you will learn:
- How search inside video drives training material discovery
- How to create and edit training videos
- How quizzing can easily be added to any video
- Why video analytics is a key capability that can make your training decisions more data-driven
- About modern video platforms; what to expect and why
- How video platforms can be integrated into a variety of enterprise solutions, including LMS
- Results other organizations have achieved by using video in their training programs
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders, or anyone wishing to better understand how to demonstrate a higher ROI and business impact
Technologies that will be discussed:
Video analytics, video quizzing, video search, video recording & streaming
Head of Product Evangelism
Dave Dumler heads product evangelism at Panopto. His mission is to help learning professionals understand how they can use video to improve employee training, retention, communication, ROI, and organizational productivity. Dave has been a long time technology enthusiast. Prior to Panopto, he held senior technical, sales, and marketing roles at a variety of companies, including Microsoft.