1001 Next-Generation Learning Methodologies: A Case Study in Healthcare
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Thursday, March 29
Emerging technologies such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and advanced learning and organizational analytics are exciting the L&D field. Yet these powerful tools won’t necessarily translate into powerful learning unless they are carefully utilized. The key to this is adaptive learning, a sophisticated methodology that intelligently adapts the learning experience to each individual learner and enables this new generation of technologies.
This session will demonstrate, within the context of a radiology training case study, how these emerging technologies were seamlessly blended into one complete adaptive learning experience. It will also demonstrate the advanced analytics and reporting to stakeholders, including the necessity of reliable indicators such as process deviation, guessing, understanding, behaviors and alignment to competency frameworks, ROI, and residual risks to the organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- What can be achieved through a detailed demonstration utilizing the latest thinking, best practice methodologies, and the latest emerging technologies in one complete solution
- About true adaptive learning, including why it is a crucial component in the next generation of training, to enable truly meaningful learning analytics and the integration of emerging technologies
- How to intelligently integrate emerging technologies into training, and how to overcome key technical challenges
- How to achieve deep learning data, and about the shortcomings in shallow measurement techniques to ensure common pitfalls are avoided
- How to communicate the abilities of better training design to stakeholders
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.) with an interest in emerging technologies and how to implement them.
Technology discussed in this session:
HTC Vive, big data, AI, and machine learning.
CEO & Founder
Glenn Bull is the founder and CEO of Skilitics, which is the creator of an enterprise training development platform designed for integrated learning measurement. The Skilitics platform is fast gaining attention globally for its disruptive and innovative approach to training design and measurement. Glenn is the visionary behind this cloud-based solution and spearheads the company’s global strategy. He is also the editor of TheNewID.com training comic, contributed to by many of the industry’s key thought leaders. Glenn is one of six members of The eLearning Guild Academy’s Advisory Council.