1002 Tools, Apps, and Online Resources: Community Favorites—PART 2
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Thursday, March 29
Junior Ballroom F
This is part two of a two-part session. It starts with session 912 from 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM.
With the wide range of tools, apps, and online resources being launched all the time, it’s not always easy to stay on top of what might help you out in your day-to-day work. It’s also easy with this stream of new options to miss out on great new updates or techniques that can allow you to use old favorites in new ways.
Through a series of three-minute mini presentations, you’ll hear from a wide range of speakers about the tools, apps, and online resources they find make a noticeable different in the work they do in L&D. You’ll discover new resources and software and new ways to use them that can assist you with designing and developing learning experiences, from tools that will help you create content to others that can help your productivity. These speakers won’t just share what these tools are, they’ll also share how they can be used specifically in our industry, and how they’ve personally leveraged them in their own work. You’ll leave this session with a list of practical new ideas for tools and resources to check out when you get back to work.
In this session, you will learn:
- What new tools and apps can help you create engaging learning experiences
- About existing tools and apps you may be able to use in new ways
- Which online resources can help you do your work more efficiently, creatively, and/or inexpensively
- Real-world use cases for how these tools, apps, and online resources can be used in L&D
Novice to advanced designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
A wide range of technology related to creating learning experiences and managing work in L&D will be shared. Technology categories may include eLearning development, design, multimedia/video, productivity/project management, collaboration, and more.
Mini Presentation topics and speakers for Session 1002
- Google Analytics and Google Data Studio: Julia Oak
- Presenter Media: Kathie Howard
- Using PowerPoint to Create Videos: Nadine Monn
- Poll Everywhere: Rachelle Butts
- ScreenPresso: Michelle Hammond
- Zotero: Heather Pundt
- xAPI Inspector: David Keezel
- Canva: Justin Thurman
- The Articulate E-Learning Heroes Community: Hiba Ismeail
- TurningPoint Interactive Polling: Cindy-Ann Alexander
- Twitter: Tricia Ransom
- Creating a CMS Demo in Articulate Storyline 360: Luke Benfield
Sr. Manager of Programming
The eLearning Guild
Bianca Woods is a senior manager of programming for The eLearning Guild. With degrees in both art education and education media design and technology, she focuses on creating practical learning experiences that take advantage of the clarity and immersiveness that technology and good design can offer. Bianca has years of experience in education, including designing in-class courses, eBooks, eLearning, videos, and other media for BMO Financial Group; creating interprofessional collaboration content for Training Pirates; and working as a classroom teacher.