- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Journey through Selecting, Designing, and Implementing an LCMS
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - April 20, 2012
As your organization develops more eLearning content, you may face an increasingly complex set of challenges. How do you store and retrieve the source files behind the content in each eLearning program for future updating? How do you handle a simple change to a term or product that appears in dozens of places in multiple courses? How do you assign several people to work on the same program simultaneously, without overwriting each other's work? How do you manage alternate or past versions of a program?
Participants in this session will learn how a Learning Content Management System (LCMS) can address these and other challenges. You'll explore how an LCMS differs from and complements a Learning Management System (LMS), and how an LCMS can work work with authoring tools to generate eLearning courseware.
In this session, you will learn:
- What an LCMS is and how it differs from an LMS
- How an LCMS can help you manage, reuse, and repurpose content
- Key criteria for determining whether an LCMS is a good fit for your organization
- How to define your LCMS requirements
- How to evaluate LCMS products and find the one that best meets your needs
- How to implement and operate an LCMS
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library