- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
SharePoint: More than Just Document Sharing
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - January 24, 2013
With the increasing cost of training, more organizations are looking to a virtual space to work with learners. Demands to reduce costs and decrease development time have caused learning experiences to become more about working with what you have and less about developing new and expensive solutions. In addition, today’s learners expect their experiences to be social and interactive, and provide them with the freedom to choose where and when they learn.
Microsoft SharePoint is a commonly used tool for building communities and collaborative workspaces, but is underutilized as a learning platform. Many organizations have already invested the time and capital to implement SharePoint, so why not use the platform to promote learning and employee development? You can use SharePoint as a social, interactive tool that gives learners autonomy in the learning experience. Session participants will explore the features of SharePoint you can use to facilitate learning in your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the learning-related features of SharePoint 2010
- How you can use these features to promote learning before, during, and after training events
- About the benefits of using SharePoint with a virtual community
- About activities you can add in SharePoint to existing course content
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist