- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Lead Them to the Gold—Managing Your Instructional Design Standards
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - February 21, 2013
Instructional Design Consultant
Forward-thinking training organizations continually seek ways to standardize the development of their deliverables using best practices in audience and content analysis, instructional design, quality review, implementation, and evaluation. These organizations also seek ways to effectively organize, manage, and communicate this process and documentation. If you are working with a large number of subject matter experts (SMEs) who need to design content, or with a training department that consists of more than a couple of people, someone in your organization should be actively managing your templates, standards, and guidelines.
Participants in this session will explore how to develop and clearly communicate your own organization’s instructional design standards and best practices. You’ll gain ideas on how to design and implement a world-class website that serves as a comprehensive instructional-design model and repository of resources for designing and delivering quality training content. Through a demonstration of SAP’s Path to Excellence website, you’ll see a successful example of communicating an instructional-design process, organizing the documentation, and keeping the training organization engaged.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to communicate the need for training standardization and best practices within your organization
- How to develop standards for your training deliverables
- How to organize and manage your training best practices, standards, templates, and so on in a web-based environment
- How to communicate your instructional-design process and best practices, templates, and so on to your subject matter experts and fellow designers
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)