- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Rapid Performance-Support Development with Interactive Posters
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - April 12, 2013
Principal Curriculum Developer
Oracle’s products involve highly complex configurations that span many layers of technologies, machines, and networks. These products tend to be black boxes, not easily visible to the user, and as such are difficult to understand intuitively. Oracle produces volumes of product documentation and other reference material, but that information can often be scattered and specific information can be very difficult to find.
To address this situation, Oracle started creating interactive quick-reference posters that visually map topics to underlying technical details (see sample screenshots). Users can pan and zoom within a poster, and click hotspots to access information about a specific poster element, including links to related documentation and training resources. A poster hotspot or set of hotspots can also represent an entire category or subsystem, allowing users to drill down to lower-level posters. Participants in this session will explore the functionality of Oracle’s interactive posters, and see how Oracle builds these posters with a reusable framework that transforms system data to visual references. You’ll also discuss how you might use posters like these not just for performance support, but to support training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a visual quick reference (VQR) helps connect users with information
- How a VQR links how people work and think with the information they need
- How you can design a VQR to accommodate a variety of interactions
- How you can use a VQR framework to rapidly create performance-support job aids
- How you can use a VQR framework to customize content to a specific technology or topic
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer (Epic)
- Sr. Instructional Designer (eLearning Specialist)
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- Lead Learning and Instructional Design Specialist
Boston MA (preferred but open to someone in our Orlando, FL or Manchester, NH office)
- Instructional Designer