- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Engaging Virtual Learners at Sodexo
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - June 6, 2013
Training Program Developer
As a designer or trainer for the virtual classroom (VC), it’s challenging to come up with fresh ideas to keep learners engaged. Even more difficult is driving learner accountability in the VC without coming across as demanding compliance. How do we ensure learners are involved and attentive in the VC? Are we truly constrained by simple features such as polling and chat, or can we take virtual interactivity to the next level?
Participants in this interactive session will gather VC best practices from your colleagues. Using examples from virtual learning at Sodexo, you’ll examine ways to take your VCs beyond the slide deck and turn them into engaging, collaborative online learning spaces. You’ll explore common features available in most VC platforms and, more importantly, how to use these features in new and creative ways. You'll also discuss virtual activities that ensure participation, and gather tips for managing VCs effectively.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create more effective synchronous virtual training using VC simple features (polling, whiteboards, annotation tools, and chat) in more creative ways
- How to enhance typical VC functions to ensure learner participation
- Best practices for creating, organizing, and hosting virtual learning events
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer