- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Flipping the Classroom with Social Media Tools
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - June 7, 2013
Professor, Department of Instructional Technology
The “flipped classroom” model reverses typical classroom activities so learners review content and information in preparation for face-to-face learning events and use their time in the classroom for more interactive activities. People raise many questions about how to design engaging and effective learning activities that precede the face-to-face learning events. Recording presentations is one popular method for providing learners information to review online in preparation for face-to-face events. However one-way recordings offer no interaction or connection with other learners.
Participants in this session will explore how blending social-media tools with pre-class recordings can help you create effective and engaging activities for your learners before face-to-face learning events. With this blend, you can effectively present ideas and information, showcase the application of design techniques, explain “before-and-after” design decisions, include collaborative brainstorming, incorporate storytelling, and design interactive discussions.
In this session you will learn:
- Guidelines for creating pre-class recordings
- How to use social-media tools for the flipped classroom
- How to use the social-media tool, VoiceThread, as a flipped-classroom conversation tool
- Ideas for creating engaging activities for face-to-face learning events
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA
- Freelance ID/Technical Document Writer
Jersey City, New Jersey, US