- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating Engaging Characters and Dialogue for eLearning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - July 19, 2013
Training & Development Specialist
Eide Bailly LLP
Typical content-driven scripting hinders eLearning engagement. Instead, consider designing character-driven narratives that engage learners by creating suspense.
Participants in this session will examine the move from content-driven to character-driven eLearning design. You’ll learn how to employ techniques used in screenwriting to transform stale eLearning modules into compelling, engaging, and worthwhile learning experiences.
In this session, you will learn:
- What makes compelling characters
- How to write meaningful dialogue
- How to create suspense in scripting
- How to use conflict to engage learners
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist