- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Next Big Thing in Mobile: Interactive Video
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - July 19, 2013
Independent mLearning Specialist
Unlike other content available on the Internet and on mobile devices, videos are not interactive. You click a link, watch a video, and then return to other content. When using video for mobile learning, the navigation and interactivity are outside the video, so the need to return to the navigation system interrupts the learning. But what if you watched a video that itself was interactive? You would not need to leave the video to navigate to other videos or to other content. The video itself would become the central learning hub—an interactive portal to all related content. How can video move from one-way information delivery to a fully interactive and navigable medium?
Participants in this session will examine the next evolution of video on the Internet and on mobile devices: interactive video. You’ll gain insight into the power and possibilities of interactive video, see how this technology can enhance learning on mobile devices by providing more interactive-design options, and examine interactive-video projects and some of the companies pioneering this technology.
In this session, you will learn:
- The challenges of traditional video
- The enhanced learning options available with interactive video
- How to use video as the hub for your learning content
- How to get started with an interactive-video project
- How to approach mLearning design differently
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA