- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile Learning at the Point of Work
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - September 19, 2013
Manager, Sales Training & Enablement
Fingertip knowledge and technology has changed just about everything in our lives. It has turned us all into self-reliant researching decision-makers. We build loyalty to our choices, not because we are told to, but because we have the self-reliance to examine the options and make the selections that work best for us. In this environment, learning solutions cannot simply explain something; rather, they must augment learners’ own self-reliant actions to find answers. As an instructional designer, you must consider the real world of your learners, leverage mobile capabilities, and determine a strategy to add value with as little disruption as possible.
Participants in this session will look at the impact of mobile technology on decision-making and explore ways to capitalize on that impact in designing mobile learning. You’ll examine design strategy and new ways to think about instructional design and development for mobile users, and you’ll look at ways to think about learning interventions as the least possible act inserted into a learner’s current situation: learning at the point of work.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design learning elements to capitalize on basic mobile functionality
- How to think about how mobile devices have changed the way we think, the way we make decisions, and what we need to remember versus what we can look up
- How to do the least while accomplishing the most
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA