- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Gaining Buy-in for mLearning from Internal Clients
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - September 20, 2013
Increasingly, human resource and learning professionals need to gain buy-in from a variety of internal clients, including middle managers who cannot afford employee downtime and senior managers who want to see tangible benefits and a return on their investment. This is especially challenging for mLearning because few people are aware of the potential of this relatively new learning approach.
Participants in this session will learn how to gain manager buy-in for mLearning by presenting your mLearning initiatives effectively and communicating with language that minimizes resistance. Through a five-step process called RADAR (minimize Resistance, Apathy, and Disruptions while maximizing Application of learning and expected Returns to the business), you’ll learn how to gain management support for mLearning initiatives. You’ll explore the basics and challenges to management buy-in, including how to recognize senior management’s focus, why you need to respect the demands of middle managers, and how to ensure you meet learners’ requirements.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply the RADAR approach to gain management buy-in for mLearning initiatives
- How to develop presentations to management that make the business case for mLearning
- How to identify and avoid the language blunders learning professionals can make when dealing with managers
- How to ensure you’re meeting your internal clients’ needs
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer