- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
When Do You Just Use the Software You Have? When Should You Look for Different Software?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - January 23, 2014
Whenever we are developing a new eLearning course, or even a new lesson, we face either using the software that we or our teams know already or looking for new software. It’s not enough to simply say, “We’ll make our design fit the software we have.” But often, we and our teams don’t take full advantage of the software we already have. So how do we decide if we need new software, or just a better understanding of our current software? This is a common question among instructional designers and project managers who don’t know details of learning-development software.
Using a decision tree, participants in this session will examine various aspects of learning design—with lots of examples—to determine whether to develop with current software or to acquire new. You can share examples of your own software-decision points, but rest assured that Joe, with his 30 years of experience, will have plenty to share as well.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to analyze a learning design and look for telltale software needs
- How to determine the power and weaknesses of the software you have
- How to choose, if necessary, software that will fit your needs
- How to determine how various software applications can work and play together nicely for best results
Designers, developers, and project managers with novice-to-intermediate experience with learning-development tools and a basic understanding of eLearning.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager