- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Pushing PowerPoint: Triggers and Advanced Features to Enhance eLearning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - January 23, 2014
Principal Training Consultant
Most eLearning professionals know all too well about “death by PowerPoint.” Five years ago, we started moving beyond that thanks to books such as Presentation Zen, clever innovations, and eLearning heroes such as Tom Kuhlmann, Trina Rimmer, and Dave Anderson and the winners of the annual Articulate eLearning Heroes Awards. However, we can move beyond death by PowerPoint with the help of several advanced PowerPoint features—features that can be extremely useful for both eLearning and the traditional classroom.
Participants in this session will learn how to use advanced PowerPoint features such as triggers, animations, transitions, and branching to move beyond the typical boring PowerPoint slide deck and start using learning deliverables that will keep your learners engaged. You’ll also discuss how to use these features in other tools such as Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate 6.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to effectively use triggers to enhance eLearning interactivity
- How to use advanced animations to create new effects with your eLearning content
- How to branch effectively, and the consequences of doing it wrong
- When to use an advanced feature in PowerPoint and when to use it in your final production tool
- Guidelines for when to use a special effect and when to use a standard, more conservative feature
Designers, developers, and managers with intermediate-level knowledge of PowerPoint and an awareness of the basic capabilities of PowerPoint-based tools such as Storyline and Captivate.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library