- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Rapid Development Tool Showdown: Captivate vs. Lectora
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - January 24, 2014
There is a host of rapid-development tools on the market, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Captivate and Lectora, two of the most popular, provide eLearning professionals with different development opportunities, but it’s difficult to know which will be best for your organization's training style and development needs. There are few resources available for side-by-side comparison of rapid-development tools, and none give an inside view of task execution in a head-to-head situation.
Participants in this session will explore a number of common eLearning-development scenarios and compare their execution in Captivate and Lectora side-by-side. You’ll see what is involved in establishing and executing these activities in each tool, and experience how each tool’s output looks, feels, and functions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create multi-action events in Captivate and Lectora
- How to leverage time (that is, use timers to control functionality) in each tool
- How to establish conditional functionality, including branching paths, in both tools
- When Lectora is more appropriate than Captivate, and vice versa
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors. Participants need no previous knowledge or skill, but familiarity with rapid-development processes might help.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK