- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Storyline Basics and Tips for Instructional Designers
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - January 24, 2014
Instructional Technology Manager
Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins University
Organizations and clients often thrust instructional designers into the role of developing eLearning as well as designing it. Unfortunately, their formal training has often left instructional designers unprepared for doing development. The good news is, modern eLearning software such as Articulate Storyline can make development relatively easy for even the most nontechnical designer.
Participants in this session will gain a basic understanding of Storyline’s functionality and features, and explore ways to determine when a given eLearning project will lend itself to development in Storyline. You’ll also get some tips for effective and efficient Storyline use, and be able to begin a Storyline-based development project with confidence.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the major features and functionality of Articulate Storyline
- How to determine if specific eLearning projects do or do not lend themselves to development in Storyline
- Strategies for designing eLearning for development in Storyline
- Valuable tips for developing effectively and efficiently in Storyline
- How to establish an effective eLearning review cycle
- About publishing options for Storyline projects
Designers, developers, and project managers with an understanding of instructional systems design as a discipline. Participants should be able to operate Windows applications with confidence, have been involved in at least a few eLearning projects as a designer, and have a basic understanding of project management. Due to the nature of Articulate Storyline, having a functional understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint will also be valuable.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)