- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Open Source to Crowdsource: The Wonders of WordPress as Performance Support
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - February 20, 2014
Dashe & Thomson
Many organizations, business divisions, and project teams could benefit greatly by offering performance-support solutions for their customers, stakeholders, or end users. Many of these groups, however, are neither prepared to spend money on a commercial performance-support tool, nor expert enough to marshal the resources required to build one. These groups could use a platform for building performance support that is cost-effective, versatile, and integrates easily with the corporate CRM, LMS, and ERP systems, or plain old intranet.
Participants in this session will see real-world examples of performance-support systems built using the open-source WordPress content management system (CMS). From a $30 million software company to a $1 billion clothing manufacturer, these examples will illustrate how companies and distributor networks of all sizes—and even project teams—have put WordPress to work for them with relative ease.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why WordPress has become the dominant open-source content management system on the web today
- How organizations—including many Fortune 500 companies—are using WordPress as an internal performance-support platform
- Some of the ways WordPress, as a performance-support platform, can integrate with other corporate systems such as LMSs, CRMs, ERPs, and intranets
- How to determine whether WordPress might be a viable alternative for your next performance-support initiative
- How you can learn more about WordPress and its capabilities
Intermediate-level participants should have experience helping to select, build, or implement a corporate performance-support system or blended-learning program.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)