- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Accelerating Performance Support Using Mental Model Diagrams
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - February 21, 2014
Performance support (PS) is experiencing a rapid transformation driven by advances in neuroscience, cognitive science, and biological physics. As an important example, we have learned that each person approaches workplace problems with a unique mental model. This creates an environment in which team collaboration and communication breaks down unless team members create and share a common mental model. Mental model diagrams offer an innovative way to design knowledge schemas that support performance and help accelerate human learning on the job.
This session will provide an overview of creating mental model diagrams and illustrate the use of a framework, method, and process for creating shared mental models that support performance. Through case studies, examples, and a comprehensive list of available resources, participants in this session will learn how you can use mental models to improve performance and learning in your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How mental models drive performance support
- How and why mental models differ among individuals
- How to design and build mental models that support performance and knowledge management
- How to test and validate mental models with learners
- How to implement mental models in the field to support performance and knowledge management
All levels of learning professionals—including instructional-systems-design (ISD) developers, managers, and team leaders—with a general knowledge of ISD concepts.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager