- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Rethink Learning for the Knowledge Age
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - February 21, 2014
Chairman, Chief CKM Instructor
International KM Institute
Knowledge management (KM) appeared over the horizon in the mid-1990s. Most trainers misunderstood it, often writing it off as just another IT system, AKA ”the portal.” Peter Senge popularized the learning organization in The Fifth Discipline (1990); Peter Drucker described a coming transformation in Post Capitalist Society (1993). Now, KM’s future is finally clear. We’ve experienced an emergence of the post-industrial focus on knowledge, and this transformation will swallow up many career paths and organizations, especially those that don’t “rethink learning” in the context of the post-industrial knowledge age (K Age), when knowledge managers see performance support in a much more comprehensive, transformational context than have traditional trainers, seasoned eLearning designers, or developers.
Participants in this session will gain historical and modern “rethink learning” insights in the context of K Age transformation. You’ll discover that performance support will be much more than you’ve understood it to be. Are you ready?
In this session, you will learn:
- How the touted information age is now morphing into the post-industrial knowledge age (K Age)
- That KM is not an IT tool, but rather a transformative discipline to create a learning organization
- How you will need to “rethink learning” in the K Age
- That eLearning has a reserved but as yet unfilled seat at the K Age table
- How learning professionals may lose their seats unless they understand and adapt to the transformational changes already taking place
Learning practitioners for the focus on future career prospects, executives for understanding the K Age imperative. Little prior technical expertise required.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Instructional Designer I
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer