- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Leading Unruly Project Teams—From Challenge to Success
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - April 10, 2014
Director of Learning Services
Russell Martin & Associates, a Moser company
Learning challenges often result from past decisions and actions such as incomplete analyses or poor design, or from outside forces such as technology changes or new stakeholder demands. But what if your biggest learning challenge is your own team? Project teams can be under a great deal of pressure these days, and this pressure can widen the cracks in the abilities of individuals to collaborate. Collaboration is the only way for a team to have the agility necessary to deal with pressure, so you need to address team challenges before you can expect your team to thrive under pressure and deliver successful learning projects.
Participants in this session will learn how to use a DISC (dominance-influence-steadiness-compliance) and workplace-motivation approach to create a picture of the diverse strengths and weaknesses of each member of your team. You’ll then see how sharing these values and behaviors with your team will help them better understand and collaborate with each other, and leverage their values and behaviors for project success.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to develop a new awareness of yourself and of your team members
- How to determine the strengths and limitations inherent in your team
- How to appreciate your team members’ differences
- How to adapt those differences for productivity and project success
Anyone who is on a mission-critical project team, a new-product-development or research team, or any team that is under a lot of pressure.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager