- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Your Voice to Engage and Teach
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - June 13, 2014
eLearning Business Development Manager
The human voice holds virtually limitless power to engage learners, but our own voice is one of the last things we think about when we deliver synchronous learning or produce asynchronous learning. We live in a speed-driven society where we tend to fill up every minute of our day. Multitasking seems to be the norm and it’s difficult to avoid distractions. It’s no wonder it’s a challenge to keep learners engaged! While we might have the perfect content and beautiful graphics, what can we do to make our voice so compelling that we engage learners and overcome their many distractions?
Participants in this interactive session will explore practical tips and techniques for voice that you can use live with your synchronous learning audiences or when recording narration for asynchronous audiences. You’ll learn how to capture and retain your learners’ attention by using your voice in a more compelling and captivating manner, thus driving increased learner engagement and more effective learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the speed at which we talk affects how we are perceived
- How to build anticipation to immediately draw in your learners
- Tips for using pauses, choosing the right words, adjusting your pitch, and speaking with emotion
- The important difference between talking and reading
- How to show the “genuine you” with your voice
- When it comes to recording your voice, practice makes perfect
Learning professionals—including instructional designers, instructional developers, training managers, and trainers—who have delivered synchronous or developed asynchronous learning.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST