- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Re-purposing LMS Tools and Media to Create an Engaging Learning Environment
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - July 17, 2014
Program Development Manager
Janet De La Rosa
Senior Learning Technologist
In this case-study session, you’ll discover how to create a media-rich and engaging learning experience across disciplines for students using readily available tools within the LMS and open-source media tools on the web. The session will showcase a foreign-language course targeting nursing students who are required to learn a foreign language in eight weeks. You’ll learn both the pedagogical theory used to develop the course materials and the technologies used. This session will also highlight the ability to engage the learner through the re-purposing of common learning-management-system tools and media.
This session is for those who want to strengthen skill sets implementing simple technologies, interactive tools, and working within media-rich learning environments. You can apply this practice across all disciplines in online education.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create engaging learning environments using media
- How to re-purpose tools within the LMS to deliver quality instruction
- How to scaffold content and technology
- How to guide instruction using the data the assessment tools formulate
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, academic instructors, online faculty, and others with knowledge of instructional design and technologies, content editing, online teaching, and/or LMS platforms.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager