- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Comics and Graphic Novels for Learning—Cisco Success Story
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - July 17, 2014
Dawn Adams Miller
To achieve a behavior change, your learning message needs to hit learners’ hearts and guts, not just their heads. The best way to do that is to get the learners emotionally involved in a story. This puts the reasons for the behavior change front and center and helps learners review their experiences using the “old” way vs. using the “new” way. Using graphic novels or comics to present the first of several awareness messages about this behavior change was a great platform for presenting a story that most employees could relate to, and they could see and experience the emotions associated with the story.
This topic will be of interest to session participants because it provides a unique solution that hits learners in their guts and hearts while presenting a memorable learning experience. Also, along with things like gamification and curation, the use of graphic novels and comics in training is trending upward.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the concept was sold to the stakeholders
- How this approach met the requirements for starting a behavior change
- How Cisco conceived, designed, developed, deployed, and measured the courseware
- Some places of common concern during the project
- The pros and cons of using a comic or graphic novel solution
Intermediate-level instructional designers, developers, and project managers with design expertise. This session goes beyond the basic instructional objective and didactic approach of novice IDs.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager