- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
“World Class” Solutions Developing Technical eLearning Supporting NASA
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - July 18, 2014
Little guidance is available for eLearning professionals developing solutions for the most challenging needs of workforce as well as student populations. eLearning trains complex technical skills and extremely high-risk operations in the demanding environment of assembling and testing rocket engines used for human spaceflight. This case-study session offers proven techniques for designing and implementing eLearning for Rocketdyne, and a strategy for using blended learning and simulations to reawaken participatory learning.
In this session, participants will learn how to balance the continuum between too much and too little detail and ways to facilitate peer-to-peer sharing of best practices. For blended-learning development, you’ll discover how to evaluate and select different variations of blended-learning options and how to administer in-person resources. For simulation development, you’ll get a practical strategy for developing low-tech, low-cost simulation solutions, as well as general methods to develop eLearning faster, better, and cheaper.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to implement strategies using eLearning for training extremely complex subjects and skills
- How to evaluate differing types of blended-learning solutions
- How to balance conflicting agendas between cost-reduction drives and sound instructional design
- Practical techniques to efficiently and effectively work with subject matter experts
Designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives. This session is suitable for all ranges of knowledge and skills.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA